Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Grocery Store Heels

I'm a slacker when it comes to writing I know.

So to catch you up on my crazy life- I did a photo-shoot and red carpet event for a Nigerian designer and decided it would be a good idea to bring the boyfriend with. The event began at 10 and lasted till 5am, so for safety reasons (and he looks hot all dressed up)- walking around Manhattan streets alone didn't seem like the best of ideas & I added an RSVP.

The event was insane. people here are insane. I saw a guy in a speedo and bodypaint dressed up as an Avatar get on the subway and no one even looked up. Anyhoo- the b/f was mistaken for a model by a MUA and the designer asked him to wear one of her ties and do a look-book shoot and rep her at the event. So now we're thinking about getting him into modeling legitly. : ) which I would love! We got to shoot together once and it was way super fun!

So now that were caught up with the super exciting thoughts I have one of those Ang moments recurring in my head like a bad 3 stooges clip...over and over.

I was running errands- going to the post office, store, and bank today. I spent a half hour looking for my bank in this town! It's imaginary and I have a newly formed grudge against googlemaps. It was NOT my lack of sense of direction.

So after not finding it I was pretty aggravated and stopped at the store to finish my errands. I was walking pretty fast and I saw a man I knew from the gym. Well I got nervous I guess because I was in a hurry- wearing six inch heels and dressed up- not in gym wear by any means- and I knew I would hear about it if he saw me. So I hid. I was in the front of the store by the checkout and I crouched all the way down pretending to look at candy or something. I guess I waited a little too long to get back up and finally I hear, "miss? are you ready to check out?" I jumped up..too fast..fell on my butt..and looked up to see the cashier in front of me with a concerned face AND the man behind me that I had been praying wouldn't see me. He laughed and said that I must not be used to heels.

HAH. what a sucker. and my face still turns red as a tomato when I get embarrassed. which makes me even more embarrassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment